A GPS Tracking System or a GPS Tracker is a device that utilises the Global Positing System “GPS” satellites to determine the devices exact location on the planet. The location is then overlayed on a map forming the GPS we know today.
This technology was originally designed for the military, however in recent times business has driven the development of GPS technology and in particular GPS Tracking Systems and pushed them into the reach of the consumer.
Common Uses of GPS Tracking
- Tracking vehicles for productivity or investigation purposes, or locating stolen vehicles
- Tracking children or elderly dementia patients
- Tracking Pets
- Tracking lost or stolen assets
Types of GPS Tracking
There are basically four styles of GPS Trackers
- Logging GPS Trackers which basically log the journey the device travels so it can be recovered (normally via USB) later.
- SMS GSM Tracking which enables the owner to text or call the unit to be given immediate details of the whereabouts of the unit.
- Real Time GPS Tracking which normally utilises a web based software package so the owner via a web browser can watch the movements of the GPS device in real time.
- Pure Satellite GPS trackers do not use the phone network so these are better suited for remote areas like the middle of Bass Straight or the Simpson Desert. These trackers talk directly to the satellites.
If you have a GPT002 or even a TK102 this wiring adapter allows you to hard wire the unit into a 12 or 24 vehicles so you never have to worry about flat batteries again. Learn More$44.95
The Fully Connected GPS Tracker With 1 Year Tracking and Optional Immobilser comes fully loaded and includes GEO Fencing, unplugged alarm, plugin diagnostic port and 2 year exchange warranty and more. Learn More$369.95