SPOT Gen 3 Satellite GPS Messenger
When travelling Australia's lonely outback highways, Ozspy has a range of Personal Satellite Communicators that will maintain communications long after mobile phone coverage has ended.
The SPOT Gen 3 Satellite GPS Messenger allows you to send a message to friends, family or colleagues to let them know you're safe, while its SOS function will alert emergency services if you need assistance in a life-threatening situation. The Spot 3 can be set up to send tracking updates every 2.5, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes, and the entire unit weighs just 160 grams with batteries. Users can power the Spot 3 with either lithium or rechargeable batteries, or the device can utilise line power via its USB port.
SPOT Gen 3 - More Power Options
- SPOT Gen 3 has approximately twice the battery life of SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger
More Battery Options
- 4 AAA off the shelf Lithium batteries
- 4 AAA off the shelf NiMH rechargeable batteries (The SPOT device does not charge the batteires)
- Line power through the included 5v USB connection. (SPOT Gen 3 is not waterproof when line powered)
Basic Features of SPOT Gen 3
- Compact - easily carried by remote workers
- Battery powered, no external power supply required
- Supports "I'm OK" sked reports as well as SOS duress, help and custom messages
- Increased frequency of reporting while in SOS or help mode
SPOT Gen 3 Satellite GPS Messenger Specifications
- SIze: 87 x 65 x 25 mm
- Battery Life: up to 1250 messages
- Enclosure rating: IPX7
- Alarm Buttons: OK (sked), Custom, Help, SOS, Tracking
- Message triggers: User generated
What's in the box
- USB Cable
- Quick Reference Guide
How much does the SPOT Gen 3 Satellite GPS Messenger cost to run?
The SPOT Gen 3 Satellite GPS Messenger needs to be connected to the network. You can do this via the documentation that will be supplied to you on purchase.
The Basic Tracking Plan is USD $164.99 per year and is paid online via credit card. Higher frequency tracking costs extra.
- Basic Tracking = every 10 mins
- Unlimited Tracking = custom tracking down to every 5 mins (Additional USD $49.99 + Service Cost)
- Extreme Tracking = custom tracking down to every 2.5 mins (Additional USD $149.99 + Service Cost)
Write Your Own Review
For orders that equal a sub total of $150.00 or more, we will ship your order to your home or business FOR FREE, no matter how many items you add to your cart or where you live in Australia (subject to change without notice).
For orders that are under the sub total of $150.00, we will ship your order to your home or business for a flat rate of $9.90 Inc. GST no matter how many items you add to your cart or where you live in Australia (subject to change without notice).
On checkout you will also have the choice to insure your goods for a small additional investment.
We do not deliver outside of Australia nor do we deliver to PO Boxes, however we will ship to your local post office where photo ID will be required to pick up.
95% of orders are processed within 3 working days and in most cases you should expect delivery within 7-10 business days depending on your location.
Orders that required manufacture or modification of an item may require an additional 2-14 business days.
We always do our very best to ship your purchase to you ASAP, but cannot be held responsible for late arrival of orders due to shipping delays. If you chose an item that is not in stock or will be delayed further than our expected delivery time for other reasons we will notify you within 4 business days.