inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator
The new inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator builds on the inReach SE with an integrated GPS, allowing the user to create or view a route, mark waypoints, and record detailed GPS tracks.
The user's distance and bearing to their destination can be displayed, while other features include a digital compass, barometric altimeter and an accelerometer.
Like the inReach SE, the inReach Explorer has the same text and email messaging capability and SOS functionality.
inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator Features
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view
- View route details such as distance and bearing to destination
- Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress
- Send and receive 160-character text messages with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with CEOS, 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center.
inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator Specifications
- Waterproof and dustproof (IPX7 - withstands incidental water exposure of up to metre for 30 minutes)
- Impact resistant (meets Mil-STD-810G for Shock)
- Made for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3rd and 4th generation, iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini and iPod touch 3rd, 4th and 5th generation. Android 2.2 and later
- Operating temperature: -20 C to +60 C
- Storage temperature: -40 C to +85 C
- Lithium polymer
- Battery life (sending one track point every 10 minutes): 100 hours with internal lithium polymer battery.
How much does the inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator cost to run?
The inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator needs to be connected to the network. You can do this via the documentation that will be supplied to you on purchase.
Activation and Plan Pricing
- $29.95 activation fee
- Plans start from $16.95 per month.
Write Your Own Review
For orders that equal a sub total of $150.00 or more, we will ship your order to your home or business FOR FREE, no matter how many items you add to your cart or where you live in Australia (subject to change without notice).
For orders that are under the sub total of $150.00, we will ship your order to your home or business for a flat rate of $9.90 Inc. GST no matter how many items you add to your cart or where you live in Australia (subject to change without notice).
On checkout you will also have the choice to insure your goods for a small additional investment.
We do not deliver outside of Australia nor do we deliver to PO Boxes, however we will ship to your local post office where photo ID will be required to pick up.
95% of orders are processed within 3 working days and in most cases you should expect delivery within 7-10 business days depending on your location.
Orders that required manufacture or modification of an item may require an additional 2-14 business days.
We always do our very best to ship your purchase to you ASAP, but cannot be held responsible for late arrival of orders due to shipping delays. If you chose an item that is not in stock or will be delayed further than our expected delivery time for other reasons we will notify you within 4 business days.